Trick-or-Treat Night Scheduled for Fri. Oct. 30; rain or shine
Safety City will be holding it's first Trick-or-Treat Night on Friday, October 30 from 6-8 pm at our facility in Lexington (1160 Red Mile Place).
The event is free and open to the public. Children from 1 to 12 years of age are welcome. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Please bring a flashlight. (If it rains, the event will be held indoors.)
What to expect:
- Costumed safety officers will be handing out candy in our safe, fenced-in miniature "city."
- Children will be encouraged to stop at each building and participate in games and activities along the way including a harvest-themed obstacle course.
- All can enjoy a concert by SCAPA students playing spooky arrangements on stringed instruments from 6-6:30 pm. See program of songs below.
- Winners of the coloring contest will be announced after the concert.
- Pedestrian safety skills will be discussed and children can put their knowledge into practice on our sidewalks and streets.
Participating community agencies and organizations currently include EKU Safety City, SCAPA, Safe Kids Fayette County, CareSource, Bricks 4 Kidz, Bluegrass Greensource (with Rosie), UK Injury Prevention, and more. Thank you Target, for your sponsorship!
A coloring contest is being held in conjunction with this event. Winners for each age group will be announced at 6:30 pm on Oct. 30 and will receive an awards certificate. To participate, download the coloring sheet attachment below and mail finished sheet to Safety City at 1160 Red Mile Place, Lexington, KY 40504 along with child's name and age. All submissions must be received by Oct. 23 at noon to qualify. All work must be completed by a child, unassisted by adults. One winner will be chosen in each of the following age categories: kids 4 y.o. and under, 5-8 y.o., and 9-12 y.o.
Published on August 12, 2015